What I learned in January.
I am really enjoying the process of goal setting for 2015. I’m using Lara Casey’s powersheets and really taking my time to muscle into the hard work. I still do not have my goals set for 2015 and I am 100% okay with that. The framework is coming together and honestly, there isn’t anything magical about January 1st anyway. I’ve given myself a deadline of March 1 to have my goals for 2015 set and my powersheet prep work complete. My favorite step so far has been working on the life vision plan.
I have been relearning the power of focus a bit. As a WAHM, mother, and wife, I have a ton of things I have to make happen on a daily basis. Often times, I bounce from project to project and end the day with 10 projects that are all 90% complete. However, I reminded myself over and over again this month to just focus on one task at a time. Working on one project at a time has really helped me stay focused. Also? The little minutes matter. Instead of hopping on Facebook when I’ve got a spare five minutes, I’ve been trying to chip away at a project. And sometimes? Those five minutes made the difference in moving that project from my to do list to my to done list.
Finally, I have been falling in love with reading again. I have been creating more time to read and it has been amazing!
RECAP: January 2015 Goals
Develop a spreadsheet to keep track accounts payable. Finish super secret project #1.
- Finish my goal yearly goal setting for 2015. I’ll be using my powersheets to help me work through this.
Attend girls night out with the women from my small group at church. Attend girls night out with my mama friends. Send 10 pieces of snail mail (outside of my New Years Cards).
- Go out on a date with my husband.
- Prep January’s snail mail newsletter.
Keep up with my 2015 read the Bible in a year plan.
Take Malone out on a date.
- Finish Malone’s school paper work and going through Lola’s outgrown clothing.
February 2015 Goals
- Finish the powersheets and 2015’s goals.
- Step into freelance writing with grace and determination. I’ve been asked to write for a pretty big website and it comes with big scary words like copy editor, editorial guidelines, and due dates.
- Set March’s editorial calendar.
- Tape segment with our local lifestyle news show.
- Keep up with 2015’s Bible reading plan
- Read three books.
- Send 10 pieces of snail mail.
- Attend girls night out with the women from my small group church.
- Go on a date with my husband.
- Finish going through Lola’s outgrown clothing. I’ve given up on ever finishing Malone’s school paperwork.
- Take Malone out on a date (he’s already chosen this month’s date location).
- Write in the journal I’m keeping for the kids everyday.
Did you set goals this month? What are your big goals for 2015?
You’re so funny with the school paperwork! I’m afraid to ask how much paperwork it is. Stella’s kindergarten paperwork was definitely tedious and many trees were probably killed… I wish they would digitize the process! Good luck with your freelance gig. That’s exciting!
Nancy recently posted..#YearOfMaking
Good luck with the freelancing gig! I’ve started freelancing this year which is great but also a lot more work than I had anticipated, but it’s good to be able to make some money from writing. And oh, I hear you on jumping from project to project. I’m all over the place! I really could learn to focus better. Hope February goals go smoothly.
Bev recently posted..Thanks for keeping me on track!
I love your vision board. I am working on one right now too. The power of focusing on ONE thing is amazing.
Tara Newman recently posted..Dream Big, Be You: January Lessons in Life + Biz
My dining table was filled with all of Arielle’s kindergarten school work that she missed from when we were on vacation. I feel ya! That could be its own part-time job!
Gracielle recently posted..[Giveaway] Cure for the Winter Blues: Free Event Tickets from Rukkus
awesome job on the freelance gig! I’m excited to see how you like it. 🙂 I’m going to check out these power sheets. They sound intense. You need to put ‘date with husband’ higher on the list! 😉
Shelly recently posted..House Tour