Author: NJ Rongner
Recipe type: Salad
- 1 Medium Loaf Of Amazing Bread (French, sourdough, everything, the sky's the limit).
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 green peppers
- 1 red onion
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- ¾ Bottle of Balsamic Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- Chop vegetables (including basil) and toss with salt and salad dressing. Cover and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Chop bread into oversized bite sized pieces and sauteed in olive oil until toasted (about 10 minutes).
- Let bread rest for additional 5-10 minutes after cooking. The goal is for it to be almost crouton like so it will really soak in the dressing.
- Combine bread with vegetables. The longer you wait, the more time the bread will have to soak in the dressing. I've found about 30 minutes to be ideal.
Recipe by A Cookie Before Dinner at https://www.acookiebeforedinner.com/perfect-panzanella/