For as long as I can remember, I’ve loved books. I don’t exactly remember when the love affair started, but the keys to other worlds via someone else’s words were unlocked for me in first grade. I devoured books faster than my parents could keep up with me. I won a free personal pan pizza from Pizza Hut several times a year through their Book It program (even though I never needed the motivation). Affiliate links present in this post.
I’m an overwhelmed mom with a lot on my plate. My free time is limited, but I still make reading a priority.
While I had a hard time connecting with the the author, I loved this quote from Spinster.
I’ve always known that a book will find you when you need it to be found.
Busy Mom Guide: How To Make More Time For Reading
- Listen to audio books. Audible is a great place to get audio books. Want a free trial?
- Take advantage of your library. Looking for books for yourself with kids in tow is hard. BUT, most libraries have online reservation systems. This will be your best friend, mama!
- Keep a running book recommendation list. Ask your friends what they love reading and write those titles down! I keep my list in the back of my planner.
- Snatch up books when they go on sale and stash them away for later! My Kindle app has a ton of books waiting for me. I get most of them for under $5.00.
- Use Whispersync to toggle between your audio book and your kindle version. Details on how to here at Modern Mrs. Darcy.
- Keep a book with you. Pull it out instead of your phone when you have a few spare minutes!
- Make reading a habit by reading before bed!
- Join a book club (like From Left to Write).
- Read what you love instead of what you think you “should” like.
- Use it as motivation! I love to read, so I use it as my “carrot” to get things crossed off my to do list!