If you’re like me, you’ve got kids that just can’t wait to go sledding this winter! I know about the great hills in Holyoke because I live here, but I got to thinking the other day…. where else can we go sledding in Western Massachusetts?
Most of these great places to go sledding in Western Massachusetts are easily found and I’ve made special notations as needed. I hope you enjoy this… and if you did, please share it with your friends on social media- the more the merrier when it comes to great information like this!
Where To Go Sledding In Western Massachusetts
- Agawam High School
- Crocker Farm Elementary School (Shays Street side)
- Amherst Regional Middle School
- Wildwood Elementary School
- Behind Stop & Shop ( George Hannum Rd)
- Crocker Farm
- Szot Park
- Franconia Golf Course . Head to the corner of Melwood and Westwood Avenue for awesome sled runs.
- Greenfield Community College
- Beacon Field
- John J. Lynch Middle School
- Holyoke Community College. This is a great spot for the whole family with graduated inclines.
- Community Field. Community field also has ice skating, bathrooms, and a warming house.
- Blueberry Hill School
- Flynt Park’s Dr. Roger’s Field
- Quarry Hill Community School by the softball diamond
- Granite Valley Middle School near the track
- Unity Park
- Look Park
- JFK Middle School. This is a great spot with very few trees!
- Hospital Hill near the Smith College fields on Rt. 66 . This is a gigantic hill (large enough you could likely ski down) and a very popular spot.
- Mary Dryden School (awesome for little kids) and Cathedral High School (gigantic hill) both are near each other on Surrey Road.
- Mary Lynch School
- Forest Park (Near the Barney Estate)
- Veterans Golf Course
- Behind South Hadley High School
- First Congregational Church
- Westfield Vocational School
- Amostown Rd across the high school football field (adjacent to the Balise Skate Park)
- Fountain Park
Looking for sledding hills in the Berkshires? Check out this great round up by Berkshire Family Focus!