Today’s Halloween food idea is another fun one, it reminds me so much of the Christmas pretzels my grandmother makes! If you’ve got kids to help you in the kitchen, this is the perfect recipe to try together. The more messy, the better! You’ll note that this mummy’s eyes aren’t perfect, on purpose!
Screaming Mummy Pretzels Ingredients & Supplies
- White Candy Melts
- White Chocolate Pretzels
- White Icing with a drawing tip
- Writing Icing
- Black Decorating Gel
- Parchment Paper
Screaming Mummy Pretzels Instructions
- Melt the white candy melts in a bowl according to the package instructions.
- Set up your space by spreading a sheet of parchment paper on your counter. The parchment paper will prevent the pretzels from sticking.
- Spread a layer of melted white candy coating on the preztel. You will want to be sure to fill in the top two pretzel loops and leave the larger opening open.
- Set the pretzel on the parchment paper to set.
- Using the white icing, draw a series of lines across the pretzel to create a mummy-look. Let set. (I let mine sit for a few hours and then put in the freezer for a few minutes to fully harden.)
- Choose a color from your writing icing pack. Make two dots on the top pretzel loops.
- Using the black decorating gel, add an even smaller dot on the colored dot to create two eyes.
- Let sit until it has hardened.