Why, hello there. It wasn’t my intention to get my March goals post up in the middle of the month. I’ve had my goals done for awhile now. However, truth be told, I’ve been a bit busy with other things. They’re all good things, I dare to say even great things. I know this because I’ve worked through a set of Lara Casey’s PowerSheets and know. These new projects align with my 2015 goals, but they don’t involve this space. I’m being stretched and growing in a lot of new ways. I’m not going to lie, these new projects have come with a bit of fear and self doubt. But I’m choosing faith over fear and fully believing Ephesians 2:10.
For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.
Choosing faith over fear and self doubt is really hard, but I’m working on it.
February 2015 Goals
Finish the powersheets and 2015’s goals.
Step into freelance writing with grace and determination. I’ve been asked to write for a pretty big website and it comes with big scary words like copy editor, editorial guidelines, and due dates.
Set March’s editorial calendar.
Tape segment with our local lifestyle news show.
Keep up with 2015’s Bible reading plan.
Read three books.
- Send 10 pieces of snail mail.
Attend girls night out with the women from my small group church.
Go on a date with my husband.
- Finish going through Lola’s outgrown clothing. I’ve given up on ever finishing Malone’s school paperwork.
Take Malone out on a date (he’s already chosen this month’s date location).
Write in the journal I’m keeping for the kids everyday.
I was able to accomplish quite a bit in February and had the most “wins” in the blog area of my goals. Malone and I appeared on our local lifestyle show live and also taped a segment to be aired at a later date. It was A LOT of fun! These were the third and fourth times I’ve appeared on this show and I will be updating my blog soon with a way you can catch the segments online if you want to!
March 2015 Goals
- Brainstorm ideas for summer content.
- Create detailed social media share schedule.
- Finish cataloging my old content.
- Complete four freelance articles (two are due this week).
- Go on a date with Michael.
- Plan March and April women’s events for the ladies at our church (Girl’s night out, pot luck breakfast, etc).
- Plan Spring wardrobe.
- Complete our taxes.
- Pray daily about finding someone to mentor.
- Continue working through the Couch to 5k running program.
- Take Malone on a date.
- Sign both kids ups for swim lessons at the YMCA.
- Incorporate reading to my children into our daily rhythm.
- Inventory the children’s closet and make a list of their needs for Spring/Summer.