This Maid Rite sandwich recipe is sure to #elevateyourplate and make your weeknight meals awesome.
Growing up in the Midwest meant that Maid Rite sandwiches were served on a regular basis. My grandmother spent her childhood in Iowa and since there wasn’t a Maid-Rite Diner near by, she served her own. For me, this copy cat Maid Rite sandwich recipe tastes like home. And it’s super easy to make!
Now that school is back in session, I need to get dinner on the table in thirty minutes or less. While I’m cooking dinner, I’m also helping the kids with homework and overseeing art projects at the kitchen table.
It’s really important to me that I have a well stocked pantry and freezer with frozen veggies and sides. One of my favorite hacks is to buy frozen Dorot herbs. They’re pre-measured and easy to use! Combine it with my amazing meal plan and it is a one two dinner time punch!
I pick up my Dorot herbs every time I’m at Whole Foods (you should too…. they’re in the freezer section).
Maid Rite Sandwich Recipe
Here are the ingredients you need to make Maid Rite sandwiches.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion chopped (I prep and freeze these ahead of time)
- 3 cubes Dorot crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 4 hamburger buns
Maid Rite Sandwiches method:
- Brown ground beef, onion and add Dorot garlic.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except the bun with ground beef mixture. Simmer until stock has been absorbed in the meat.
- Warm buns and serve with pickles, ketchup and mustard.
Enjoy! This Maid Rite sandwich recipe can easily be doubled or tripled if you’re feeding a crowd!
Want to learn more about Dorot herbs? Head here! Psst…. they’ve got a great $1.00 off coupon!