There are so many awesome Holiday events in the Pioneer Valley. From holiday parades to tree lightings and Breakfast with Santa, there is something for EVERYONE.
There are tons of great happenings for the holidays here in Western MA! Below are a few highlights and then you’ll find a full calendar of events!
Holiday Events in the Pioneer Valley: Holiday Light Displays
Bright Nights in Forest Park, Springfield MA
Open 11/23/16 through 1/1/17.
- Bright Nights is a huge holiday light display in Springfield’s Forest Park.
- Admission: Monday to Thursday – $18 Friday to Sunday and Holidays – $21
- Hours: Sunday to Thursday — 5:00 pm to 9:00 pm Fridays, Saturdays and Holidays 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Follow the lit path through Santa’s Magical Forest to Santa’s Cottage. Santa’s Cottage is a magical place. Once inside the warm and cozy cottage, visitors can whisper their holiday wish list in to Santa’s ear and smile for the camera.
Look Park Winter Wonderland, Florence MA
Open 11/25/16 through 1/1/17
- Winter Wonderland is holiday light display in Look Park. It is a smaller scale than Bright Nights, but also very charming and fun.
- Admission: Donations, please
- Hours: Regular park hours, no Entry Fee after 4pm
Holiday Events in the Pioneer Valley: Special Events
Tower Square Festival of Trees, Tower Square Springfield MA (meeting room)
Take a stroll thru the Springfield Boys & Girls Club’s wonderfully festive forest of more than 100 decorated Christmas trees.
- Dates: 11/25/16 through 12/11/16
- Hours: Wed: 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; Thu – Sat: 11:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.; Sun: 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Tower Square Meeting Room.
- Cost: $5/$4 Seniors/12 & Under Free
December in Deerfield at Historic Deerfield, MA
- Dates: 12/2/16 through 12/18/16
- Hours and activity vary by date
- The holiday spirit continues in December with the return of Heritage Holiday at Historic Deerfield. From December 2-18, visitors can join Historic Deerfield hearth cooks, guides and educators each weekend in a month-long series of traditional festive activities. The fun begins with the King Arthur Flour/Historic Deerfield Heritage Recipe Baking Contest, on Saturday, December 3.
- General admission is $14 for adults (18+), $5 for children (6-17), free for children under 5, members, and Deerfield residents.
Christmas By Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village, Sturbridge, MA
- Dates: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in December (ends 12/23/16)
- Re-creation of Mrs. Cratchit’s Christmas Dinner
- Sleigh rides (weather permitting)
- Gingerbread House Contest – winners determined by your votes
- Holiday traditions explained and recreated- roasting chestnuts, yule logs, mistletoe, and more
- Demonstrations of period gingerbread baking and cider mulling
- Victorian carolers
- Christmas keepsake to make and take home
- Display of model railroads and trains
- Display of a miniature New England Village
- Display of the Little Town of Bethlehem nativity
- Visit Father Christmas and Santa Claus
- Punch & Judy Puppet Show
- Christmas carol sing-a-longs
- Holiday magic shows
- The dance from Dicken’s A Christmas Carol
- Readings of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and A Visit from Saint Nicholas
- Readings of “The Nativity Gospel of Saint Luke” and “The Nativity Gospel of Saint Matthew”
- Escape the frenzy of a modern Christmas with an enchanted evening of gingerbread, roasted chestnuts, music, dance, and a sleigh ride (weather permitting). Meet Father Christmas and chat with Santa Claus (bring your camera!).
- Ticket prices vary by evening. Click here to purchase.
Here is a full calendar of holiday events happening here in the Pioneer Valley.
As always, these events are also on our Fun Things To Do In Western MA With Kids calendar that you can see by clicking here. Additionally, if you’re looking specifically for Santa events, you can find a listing here.
[add_eventon event_type=”490″ ]