For as long as I can remember, I have loved boats. I grew up going out on a small fishing boat with my grandfather. It wasn’t a commercial boat, but rather a small boat that a regular guy worked hard to purchase. I loved that boat because I knew how hard he worked to save and purchase it. And when I married a boy who grew up on Cape Cod? I hit the jackpot. Places like this are my complete happy place.
This is Linnell Landing Beach on Cape Cod…. it’s the closest beach to my mother in law’s home and I love to go there to watch the waves. From time to time, we also have the chance to get out on the boat. Again, it’s a small one, but for us it’s just perfect.
Boating on Cape Cod is one of my favorite things of all time! My kids love the chance to get out to the sea and away from the noise of the world. I have to admit it, I love getting out on the water too! Buying a boat is in my 10 year plan, which is why I’m so excited the The Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show is coming to Boston! I think when the time comes to buy a boat, we’ll get a Boston Whaler. My uncle has one and I think it’s just about the perfect amount of boat for us!
The Progressive Insurance New England Boat Show takes place February 11-19, 2017 at the Boston Convention Center and it is the top notch boating event in the Northeast. Its the best way y to explore all your on-water options in one place from buying a boat to joining a boat club or finding rentals. There are boats for almost every budget and lifestyle and tons of experts/seminars you can tap into to learn more about getting out on the water!
Here are some of the great things in store for you at the New England Boat Show!
- Gone Fishing: Brand new this year is a lineup of seminars and workshops for anyone who wants to learn more about fishing, with a large fish tank on hand for demonstrations from the experts at Goose Hummock at booth N14.
- Nautical Foodies: On Friday, February 17, Jason Heard, Executive Chef and owner of Boston’s Coppersmith restaurant, will be giving his secret cooking tips that combine his love for seafood and BBQ into the perfect meal for a day on the water at booth N14. Plus, the first 50 attendees each day get 20 percent off a meal at Coppersmith. Coppersmith will also have boats on display & Guests can snap a photo with the boat, tag it with #NEBoatShow to be entered to win boat show tickets, as well as a grand prize valued at more than $2,000, which includes a rooftop dinner party at Coppersmith and an all-day Cape Cod fishing excursion aboard a 40 ft. boat with fishing expert, Captain Phil Howarth from Goose Hummock.
- Climb Aboard: More than 800 of the latest boat models under one roof for attendees to browse, board and buy for every lifestyle and budget ranging from luxury cruisers and watersport boats to pontoons and fishing boats, plus marine accessories and much more.
- Get Schooled. Progressive Boat School offers at a hands-on docking pool, boating simulator and a series of seminars to get you on the water. Plus, Fred’s Shed is a DIY boat repair garage teaching the art of boat maintenance. Click HERE to find all seminars.
- Reel ‘Em In at Flo Motion: Stop by Progressive’s virtual fishing game to see how many fish you can reel in.
- Create-A-Boat: Bring the kids along and they can create their own toy boat to take home as a souvenir.
- SailFest: See, board and explore sailboats from 8′ to 46′ from more than twenty manufacturers. Shop more than 100 booths of sailing related products and services including sailmakers sailing schools, sailing gear, clothing and much more.
- Discover Boating: Find unbiased information and affordable boats in one place, with many able to be financed for less than $250 per month.
- Meet TV’s Captain Dave Carraro from Wicked Tuna Feb 11-13
Don’t delay! Grab your tickets right here!