Once a week, we head to a small group bible study with friends from our church. One of the things I love about our small group is that before our Bible study we join together for a pot luck meal.
I’ve been testing and tweeking my recipe for deluxe mashed potatoes for a few weeks. I always like to try out a recipe on my family before I serve it to a big group. I had a huge flop one time and nobody likes to be that girl at a pot luck- trust me.
I’ve discovered the secret is in the butter- good butter, in fact. I’ve tried out a few different types of butter, but Finlandia is our favorite so far.
- Made from pure fresh milk from Finnish family-owned farms
- Made with non GMO ingredients according to European standards (super important, since USA has such different standards).
- Nothing artificial
- No added hormones*
These mashed potatoes aren’t hard to mess up. Add a little bit of this and a little bit of that. If I had bacon, you can bet your bottom dollar I would have added some.
I had 1/2 and 1/2 (we always have this because, coffee!), Monterrey jack cheese, ranch vegetable dip, Finlandia butter, and potatoes.
- 6 Medium Potatoes, washed & quartered
- 4 Tsp Finlandia Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Shredded Monterrey Jack Cheese
- ¼ cup Half & Half
- ½ cup Ranch Vegetable Dip
- Boil potatoes in water until tender (about 30 minutes).
- In food processor, pulse potatoes until mashed.
- Combine cheese, ranch vegetable dip, half & half, butter, and potatoes.
- Top with additional cheese if desired.
This recipe is a great base and can be modified based on what you like. I foresee sour cream and chive in our future!