Our tree was up by November 5th. The way I see it, the sooner we put it up, the longer we have to enjoy it. Besides as soon as Halloween was over, Malone was begging to put it up. How could I say no to this face? The rest of our holiday decorations are still in the closet. I want to bring down our NOT elf on the shelf elf. He’s vintage (because, of course I have a vintage elf). He causes mischief/plays hide & seek, and he DOES NOT report to Santa.
I am clearly not a Christmas purest. However, I do believe it is a crime against humanity for the radio stations to start playing their holiday songs before Thanksgiving.
Well, I am thankful Thanksgiving is over.
If it were up to me, we’d be holiday songing it up 24/7 around here. But I try to just restrain myself to meal times and while I’m in the car. I love the old classics. I love the country versions. I love the Christmas albums by people who can really belt it out. If someone has sang a Christmas song while wearing a bedazzled onesie, it is probably in the top 20 of my all time favorites.
It was hard to narrow this list down. Really, it felt like I was choosing between my children at points. I LOVE Christmas songs so much! These are not in ranked order.
- Chanukah by Adam Sandler
- Carol of the Bells by John Tesh and the Christmas Symphony Orchestera
- What Child Is This? by Josh Groban
- Do You Hear What I Hear? by Carrie Underwood
- Silver Bells by Bing Crosby
- Little Drummer Boy by Jars Of Clay
- Welcome To Our World by Michael W. Smith
- Santa Claus Is Coming To Town by Bruce Springsteen
- Little St. Nick by the Beach Boys
- Happy Christmas by John Lennon and Yoko Ono
It was so hard to just pick 10! What is your favorite? Which do you hate?
Join the newsletter
Living in MA rocks! Subscribe to hear about awesome events and places to explore with your family.