My ceiling fan has long been a pain point for me. The level of mess from dust and filth was nearing an all time high. And every time I walked into the room that is ALL I saw, even if the rest of it was clean. I let this bother me for WEEKS because I didn’t want to clean up the mess from dusting the ceiling fan. In the past, every time I went to dust my ceiling fans bits of gunk fell to the floor. And I’d have to vacuum. It was a never ending cleaning cycle of doom. I could not dust my ceiling fan without making a mess.
And then I had a light bulb moment. I could use a pillowcase!
Using a pillowcase to dust your ceiling fan keeps 95% of the dust inside of the pillowcase and OFF OF your floors.
- Get an old pillowcase. The inside of this pillowcase is never going to be the same. Choose one that isn’t in your rotation for sleeping.
- Wrinkle the pillowcase in your hands as if you were putting on pantyhose. Men if you are unsure what this means, find a lady and ask them.
- Slide the entire pillowcase over the blade of your fan.
- Now, your pillowcase is essentially hanging from your blade. With hands flat and near the center of the fan, hold both the underside of the blade and the upper portion of the blade. Pull the pillowcase gently off of the blade.
- Rinse, lather, and repeat for all blades.
- Take the pillowcase outside. Turn it inside out so the dust side is now showing. Beat it like a rug to get most of the dust off.
- Wash the pillowcase. Store with your other cleaning supplies for next time!
This really works! And I am so excited not to be stressed out anymore about dusting my ceiling fan.
What household chore do you avoid? Let me know in the comments below. I love hearing from you!