Disclosure: I received a prize pack from PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® in order to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.
I have a friend who has a little girl who has the following allergies: eggs, milk, tree nuts, soy and wheat. Her daughter is four and managing her allergies is tough- labels are constantly read, reread, and then triple checked. For the most part, Sarah doesn’t feel as though she misses out on much. Her mom has found work arounds for birthday parties and special treats.
But Halloween? It’s really tough.
Sarah just loves the idea of Halloween and dressing up. But for me, it is just so hard because there isn’t a lot of candy out there that won’t make her sick.
I can’t imagine what is like to be in her shoes….but I can do my part to help Sarah have a great and safe Halloween by providing a candy free option for her when she comes to ring my doorbell.
We’ll also be hanging up this sign to let Sarah (and the rest of the trick or treaters) know that our house has allergy friendly and non candy treats available.
The Teal Pumpkin Project™ is a national initiative from Food Allergy Research & Education (FARE) that promotes safety, inclusion and respect of individuals managing food allergies by encouraging households to display a teal pumpkin and provide non-food treats for trick-or-treaters. This movement provides an alternative for kids with food allergies, as well as other children for whom candy is not an option, and keeps Halloween a fun, positive experience for all!.
One of my favorite candy companies, PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® has created a full line of affordable candy inspired candy free treats, just in time for Halloween.
- PEEPS® Chick and Bunny Rectangular Magnets
- PEEPS® Rubber Bracelets
- PEEPS® Witch Chick Plush: Double, Double Toil and Trouble – this PEEPS® plush Witch Chick is up to no good. Not all PEEPS® can be sweet and fluffy. This Chick is a witch busy mixing up some spells in the candy cauldron this fall. .
- NEW PEEPS® Halloween Plush: PEEPS & COMPANY® created three exclusive Halloween plush varieties to help celebrate the season. The plush items resemble the marshmallow treats and are available in a spooky brown cat, a scary ghost and two stacked jack o’ lantern shapes.
- MIKE AND IKE® Fuzzy Keychain
- MIKE AND IKE® Green Earbuds
- MIKE AND IKE® Drawstring Backpack
These products rang in price from $1.99 to $6.99 and can be purchased here. Use code HALLOWPEEPS15 for 30% off your entire purchase (no minimum) now through Oct. 31, 2015.
PEEPS® and PEEPS & COMPANY® would love to give a prize pack away to one A Cookie Before Dinner reader. To enter, use the widget below!
My kids have officially aged out of trick-or-treating – I can’t believe it! They don’t have food allergies, but over the years we have had kids come to the door who do. I always have candy that is safe for most kids, but having non-food items to distribute is a great alternative.
We have a Peeps store about 45 minutes from us – it is so fun!
Dana recently posted..A tale of two books