One of my favorite homestyle traditions is one that I married into. My husband grew up on Cape Cod and it’s a place we visit frequently with our kids. My mother in law still lives in the cozy beach cottage my husband calls his childhood home. It’s close to the beach but not too far.. it takes us about 20 minutes to walk. When we go to the beach, there is always a big batch of spaghetti waiting for us at the end of the day.
At first, it felt funny to me to eat it in the summer time. I associated spaghetti with a winter/hearty food. As it turns out, my mother in law totally knows her stuff. And I look forward to coming off the beach and home to a lovely dinner.
For my own family, I wanted to create a similar food memory. We might not have the beach and ocean where I live, but we’ve got lakes to swim in. This baked pepperoni spaghetti recipe is a hit in my house. Here’s the secret… you can prep it ahead of time and pop it in the oven to finish when you get home. Ours bakes while we unload the coolers and get the kids through their baths. It finishes without fail at the same time we’re ready for it.
The top of it looks like pizza, which always gets my fussy two year old on board. But when you dig in? It’s magic.
Baked Pepperoni Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 Jar Homestyle Thick and Hearty Roasted Garlic Sauce by Ragu
- 1 Lb spaghetti noodles
- 1 Lb shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 Lb pepperoni
- Preheat oven to 350. While it is pre heating, boil water for spaghetti noodles.
- Cook noodles for 8 – 10 minutes and drain.
- Combine noodles and sauce. Coat well.
- In a greased 9 x 13 pan, place noodles and sauce. Top with a layer of cheese, pepperoni and more cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and noodles are heated through. Serve with garlic bread.
Visit the campaign landing page to learn more about the new line of Ragu Homestyle sauces and find a taste of home.
Join the newsletter
Living in MA rocks! Subscribe to hear about awesome events and places to explore with your family.