When it comes to Halloween, it seems like there is always a party or even to bring a dish to. These adorable Halloween Spider Cookies with Oreo are always a hit. If you’re short on time, grab the cookies already pre-made and just assemble.
Halloween Spider Cookies With Oreo Ingredients
- ¾ Cup butter, softened
- ¾ Cup brown sugar
- ¾ Cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Sandwich bag filled with Oreos, coarsely crushed (I used about 12)
- 12 oz bag white chocolate chips
- Extra Oreo cookies
- Black decorating gel
- Candy eyes
Halloween Spider Cookies With Oreo Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use non-stick spray. We like giant cookies so we used a woopie-pie pan.
- In a bowl, mix together butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a second bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and combine.
- In a sandwich bag, crush the Oreos. You don’t want them to be finely crushed, you want to have chunks of Oreo in your cookies!
- Add the Oreos and the white chocolate chips to the batter and mix well.
- You will want the cookies to be large enough to hold an Oreo spider. We used a woopie-pie pan on one batch and the other we used a large ice cream scoop.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they just begin to brown. Let them cool completely on the cookie sheet.
- Once the cookies are cool, use the decorating gel to ‘glue’ on an Oreo to the center of each cookie.
- Add a dot of decorating gel to the back of each of the candy eyes and stick it into place. And 8 gel spider legs finish your cookie.
- Let the cookies sit and the decorating gel will harden.