Tis the season to be jolly! And you’re wondering where to see Santa in the Pioneer Valley. As it turns out, there are more options than you think! From special events to places you can go see him every day, their are tons of options for you! If you’re looking for a big list of Holiday events in the Pioneer Valley, I’ve written that too! Click here for that post.
If you found this post helpful, I would LOVE it if you’d share it with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, in an email or however it works best for you! I’ve made it super easy for you to share this! Just hit the social media icons on the left hand side of the screen to share at any time.
Where to See Santa in the Pioneer Valley
Yankee Candle in South Deerfield, MA is one of the premier places to see Santa in the Pioneer Valley. This Santa is the REAL deal. In addition to offering a portrait package, you can also snap photos with your camera, which is a total bonus.
Yankee Candle kicks off the holiday with Santa arriving by Helicopter on 11/28/15 and with a parade on 11/29/15.
Here is a full listing of Santa’s holiday hours (including his break times). You should note that this is a very popular destination for Santa seekers in the Pioneer Valley, so plan to get there when it first opens or plan to wait in line.
Santa’s Trains @ Look Park Garden House, Florence MA
This is one of our favorite events of the holiday season. The line can be long, but it is because Santa and Mrs. Claus take time with each child and make sure Mom and Dad have their photo. Bring your cameras.
Santa’s Cottage at Bright Nights in Forest Park, Springfield MA
- Open 11/25/15 through 1/3/16
- Free with paid vehicle admission
- Follow the lit path through Santa’s Magical Forest to Santa’s Cottage. Santa’s Cottage is a magical place. Once inside the warm and cozy cottage, visitors can whisper their holiday wish list in to Santa’s ear and smile for the camera.
Santa’s Land at Buttery Brook Park, South Hadley MA 123 Willimansett St (Route 33) in South Hadley.
- Open 12/11/15 through 12/14/15 and 12/18/15 though 12/21/15
- Admission is free and Mrs. Claus will hand out cookies and holiday-themed books to children after their visit with Santa. Books have been generously donated by Brighter Beginnings Child Care. Pictures with Santa are available for $5 each and families may also take their own photos. While Santa pictures are printed, enjoy a cup of hot chocolate and a ride on the Buttery Brook ‘train’ to view the holiday lights!
Santa’s House at Mitteneague Park, 1695 Westfield Street, West Springfield MA
- Open 12/12/15 through 12/23/15
- Monday – Friday Hours – 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday Hours – 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. & 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- The West Springfield Park & Recreation Department has been sponsoring Santa’s House, located in Mittineague Park, since 1980. Santa will meet the children of West Springfield each eveing before Christmas
Santa at the Malls
Eastfield Mall, 1655 Boston Post Rd, Springfield, MA
- Photo packages are available. Here is a full list of the times you can see Santa at the Eastfield Mall
Holyoke Mall, 50 Holyoke St. Holyoke MA
- Photo packages are available. Here is a full list of the times you can see Santa at the Holyoke Mall.
Westfarms Mall Ice Place, 1500 New Britian Ave, West Hartford, CT
- Ice Palace will feature characters from the beloved 65-year-old Peanuts franchise. This interactive holiday display will showcase scenes from the new movie, plus a 30-foot Ice Palace with falling snow, a light show and other activities for the entire family. Interactive globes will feature graphics of the entire Peanuts gang enjoying a snow day ice skating and Snoopy taking to the skies to pursue his arch-nemesis, The Red Baron.
- Adults and children alike will be able to compare their icy hand print to that of Snoopy and Woodstock, see how they measure up to Snoopy and Charlie Brown, and have their photo taken at Snoopy’s dog house. End your magical journey at the Ice Palace with a visit to Santa and, of course, a special gift.
Special Events, Parades & Breakfast/Brunch/Dinner With Santa
Friday, November 27, 2015
Santa Arrives By Helicopter at Westfield Amelia Park Children’s Museum, 29 South Broad St, Westfield, MA
- Photos available for $5.00
Springfield Museums Holiday Happenings, 21 Edwards St Springfield, MA
10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Visitors can stroll among the festive lighting displays around the Quadrangle while taking in a performance of “A Christmas Carol” by The Puppet People (2 p.m., D’Amour Museum), plus music by Springfield’s Sci-Tech Band and the arrival of Santa and Mrs. Claus (3 – 4:30 p.m. Wood Museum). Back by popular demand, TEN31 will also present one of their captivating “living topiaries” – in this case, a Red Poinsettia in honor of the holidays. All events are free with museum admission.
Moonlight Magic, Downtown Shelburne Falls MA
4:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- After a holiday parade through town, Santa and Mrs. Claus will be at Santa’s Workshop at the Shelburne-Buckland Senior Center on Main Street.
Santa at the New England Air Museum 36 Perimeter Rd, Windsor Locks, CT
11:00 am to 3:00 pm
- The New England Air Museum in Windsor Locks, Conn. will hold its annual Santa Visit & Behind the Scenes Tour. Santa will meet and pose for photos with children and have a gift for each child.
Sunday November 29, 2015
Brunch with Santa @ The Lord Jeff Inn, Amherst MA
- November 29th, December 6th, 13th, & 20th
- 10:30 am to 2:30 pm
- Click here for more details.
Brunch with Santa at Old Sturbridge Village, 1 Old Sturbridge Village Road, Sturbridge, MA
10:00 am to 2:00 pm
- Novebmer 29, December 6th, 12th, 13th, 19th, & 20th.
- Brunch with Santa at the Oliver Wight Tavern at Old Sturbridge Village offers a large selection of brunch items and a chance for the little ones to meet Santa.
- $26.95 for adult, $22.95 for seniors (65 and Older), and $13.95 for children 12 & under. Under 3 FREE.
- Tickets DO NOT include admission to Christmas by Candlelight, an evening event, which must be purchased separately.
- Reservations Required. Call please call 508-347-0362.
Christmas on the Common (Santa Visit), Three Rivers MA
- The free event begins at 4:00pm and includes hot chocolate and coffee as well as treats for all children. Michael Rondeau will create an ice sculpture, the Palmer High School chorus will lead a holiday sing-a-long and Blue Star Equiculture will provide horse-drawn carriage rides for all!
- By 5:00pm, Santa Claus will arrive on a fire truck with the help of the Three Rivers Fire Department. Families are welcome to bring a decoration for the community tree and a camera to record their visits with Santa.
Friday December 4 through Sunday December 6
Christmas by Candlelight at Old Sturbridge Village
- Escape the frenzy of a modern Christmas with an enchanted evening of gingerbread, roasted chestnuts, music, dance, and a sleigh ride (weather permitting). Meet Father Christmas and chat with Santa Claus (bring your camera!).
- Ticket prices vary by evening. Click here to purchase.
Christmas Tree Lighting at Market Square, Chicopee MA
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
- Live music, hot chocolate, Santa Claus, treats and more!
Friday December 4, 2015
Supper with Santa Barney Carriage House, Forest Park Springfield, MA
- Additional Dates December 11th & December 13th
- Seatings at 5:30 pm – 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm – 7:00 pm
- Individual Tickets $15 per person $10 for children under 12.
- Kid friendly menu :
- Pre-Paid Reservations Required. Spirit of Springfield (413) 733-3800 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price does not include admission to Bright Nights.
Saturday December 5, 2015
Breakfast With Santa at Look Park, Florence MA
- Breakfast Buffet
- Adults $10, Kids 2-12 $8
- Reservations Required: 413-584-5457
Breakfast With Santa at Easthampton Pulaski Club 79 Maple St, Easthampton, MA
- 9:00 am and 11:00 am seatings
- Come enjoy a pancake breakfast with Santa, Mrs. Claus, The Grinch, elves, Frosty the Snowman, and Christmas Tree!!!
- The buffet will include breakfast items such as pancakes, sausage, a pancake topping bar with chocolate chips, strawberries, blueberries, whip cream, and syrup, along with coffee, hot chocolate, and juice.
- Every child will receive a small gift from Santa Claus
- $8 for Adults & $6.00 for Children(12 and under) Children 2 and under eat FREE
- Tickets are available at Pulaski Club…ADVANCE TICKET SALES ONLY!!!
- Special promotion, RSVP a table for $80 -includes 10 tickets and a table next to Santa!
Breakfast With Santa at Westfield State Westfield MA
- Two seatings available: 8:30 am and 10:30 am.
- A Westfield State University Foundation/Circle K Club tradition. Join us on Saturday, December 5 for a delicious full breakfast buffet, a gift for each child, a photo opportunity with Santa, Melha Clowns, face painting and a raffle with great prizes
- Advance ticket purchase required (you can do that here).
[Tweet “25+ Places to see Santa in the #PioneerValley #WesternMA #413”]
Santa at Atkins Market, Amherst MA
12:00 pm to 3:00 pm
- Santa Claus will be at Atkins for photo opportunities Bring your own camera to take pictures.
Holyoke’s Christmas Tree Lighting
Sunday December 6, 2015
Friday December 11, 2015
It’s A Wonderful Night, Downtown Turners Falls, MA
5:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Holiday activities, art exhibitions, live music, restaurant specials, performances and unique gift buying opportunities throughout town. Children and adults alike are encouraged to put a wish list in the Magic Mailbox, as well as notes of hope for themselves, friends, family and the world! Santa will arrive at Spinner Park to collect the notes at 6:30pm.
Saturday December 12, 2015
Breakfast with Santa at Tower Square, 1500 Main St Springfield MA
9:00 am to 11:00 am
- Citywalk Cafes food court
- Join Santa for a delicious pancake breakfast served by Tower Grill for this special morning of entertainment and fun for the whole family. Featuring the Tanglewood Marionettes’ performance of the Fairy Circus, a kids craft station, face painting and more this event will delight all ages.
- Pre-registration and payment is required. Register by mail. The form is located here.
Santa at Eastworks, 116 Pleasant St. Easthampton MA
10:00 am to 4:00 pm
- A $5.00 per family fee at the door gets you a photo op with Santa (bring your own camera), snacks, crafts, and more. There are also several activities available for an additional fee (balloon animals, face painting, and so on). Pre-registration is appreciated, here is the form. Sponsored by MacKid Chicopee/Holyoke/Ludlow .
Breakfast with Santa @ The Steaming Tender, Palmer MA
Saturday December 19, 2015
Breakfast with Santa @ The Steaming Tender, Palmer MA (see above)
Sunday December 20, 2015
Breakfast Buffet with Santa at Brunelle’s Dockside 1 Alvord St, South Hadley, MA
10:00 am with Santa arriving around 10:45
- Buffet prices start at $15.00 for grown ups and $10.00 for kids. Reservations requested, this event sold out last year. Click here for online reservations.
What did I miss? Let me know in the comments! Where are you going to see Santa in the Pioneer Valley this year?
Looking for craft ideas to compliment your outings? Check out these awesome Christmas ideas by another mom in the Pioneer valley!
These Make your own Christmas Shaped Crayons are adorable and easy.