I’ve seen a few different lists of “to do” posts around the internets. The one I am going to use is from Barely Mommy who got it from Hopes and Dreams. I thought it would be a fun way to encourage me to write more and a great way to give you a glimpse into my world. If I knew how to, I’d make a super cool button. But alas, I’m not that savvy yet.
Today’s 30 things is 20 random facts about me. Fun times.
1. I adore Classic Rock. The Kinks, The Beatles, John Mellencamp, Springsteen. Swoon. And I’m obsessed with making sure Malone learns to love them too.
2. In a former life, I was a National Champion and Jr. Olympic Gold Medalist in the sport of synchronized trampoline.
3. We had a really easy time coming up with Malone’s name. 2.0’s name, however, not so much.
4. I have to sleep one layer of covers above my husband. He’s literally TOO hot.
5. I am terrible with following through on things sometimes. It is probably my worst habit. It only happens with minor stuff. But I’m really working hard to change it.
6. In an ideal world, I’d be asleep by 9:00 pm and up for the day at 5:30 am. In a perfect world, no one else would wake up in my house until 7:00 am. I adore a quiet house in the morning. I can actually hear myself think.
7. My favorite teacher in high school graduated from high school in my Grandfather’s class. Hello small town USA.
8. I adore my in laws. My mother in law is one of my favorite people in the whole world.
9. I don’t regret growing up in a small town (2500). I have a lot of “deeper connections” because of it. Malone will not grow up in a small town. And I don’t regret that either.
10. I am very picky about eggs. I really can only eat them if they are perfectly poached, perfectly over hard, deviled, or scrambled with something else (or in an omelet). Otherwise, the texture kills me.
11. My husband and I met online and were basically inseparable from the first date.
12. I have a great group of friends and am very outgoing. However, I spent a good deal of middle school and high school bullied. Because of that I am still pretty insecure in my friendships sometimes.
13. I can’t wait for this first trimester to be over. I want my energy back!
14. If I could only eat one food style for the rest of my life it would be Mexican. Followed closely by Thai. 3rd place goes to Indian. I love me some spicy food!
15. I love to read books. My Nana was my biggest encourager when it came to reading as a kid. It is one of the best gifts she gave me.
16. This morning I was going through a random box and I found the necklace I wore on my wedding day. I’m stoked because I thought it was gone forever.
17. I am a better “preschool” mom than I am a “baby” mom. And I’m cool with that.
18. I want my kids to grow up to be self sufficient and empathic. That way I know they’ll have good hearts and be able to survive. Anything else they learn or become is the cherry on top of the sundae.
19. The hardest part about living 1000 miles away from my family is knowing that I’m missing the everyday with them. I get back “home” 3 or 4 times a year but I know it isn’t enough.
20. I have experienced a hurricane, earthquake, blizzard, and tornado all within a 12 month period. New England weather is nuts!
So, there you have it. 20 Random Facts about me!
Now tell me something random about you!